<$BlogRSDURL$>

miércoles, marzo 08, 2006

No title, no reason

It's been a long time since I actually felt like writing out of the blue. I have been quasi-drowning under a deluge of work/paper/obligations, even twisting handles to get to books labeled with funny numbers and letters that make no sense to me (PN2836, anybody?). The PLEASURE of reading as just pleasure sometimes seems to slip away, since I haven't actually read anything new in a long time--I divide my time between rereading old loves a thousand times and reading for academic purposes, usually against the clock. Is this the wonder of being a lit student? God, I sometimes feel so VERY unintelligent. (Even rereading what I'm writing right now is a weird experience--as soon as words fly out of my fingers they become something-other-than-mine).
Still, I can feel the wheels moving, in a sort of Alice-running-as-fast-as-she-can-just-to-stay-in-one-place-way. But soon I hope I will get to Square 1 and be crowned Queen (not that I have any idea of what I will do when I am). [Hey! so many Queens these days]
In the meantime, I just hope to have the discipline to GET THINGS DONE!! I got into a sort of rhythm at Berkeley but I seem to have left it there, probably under the fragrant and trampled White Gardenias. So now I'll just give birth to a new one, one that can incorporate the stuff I was free from here... my mon-tue-wed temp job (almost done now), the cancer translation project, the WSB bibliography, and my beloved BED!!!!
So now, from the latter, I just pour out my mind in the hope that something beautiful comes out.

PS And welcome to Mr. Narchi, who is now a blogger. Check him out! (Click on Calle Poesia... I still haven't figured out how to link from this machine...)

Comments:

Publicar un comentario

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?