<$BlogRSDURL$>

sábado, abril 08, 2006

On a cheerier note...

As of this week, I'm unemployed... and on holiday. My three-month period as a substitute teacher at my old high school is over. So how is unemployment a good thing? Well, this means (theoretically), that now I have More Time to work on my you-know-what (namely, weekday mornings--not that this job took up all my weekday mornings. But it took a certain amount of time and energy). And I am the fortunate and grateful recipient of support from my beloved university, which means I don't have to look for a job, at least not yet. That is ALSO good since I don't know what to do with my life (what else is new?). This also coincides with a week's vacation in honor of Easter, and although my religiousness has greatly diminished into a sort of pantheistic agnosticism (if such a thing is possible), and thus it is not a big reason to celebrate, it IS a big reason not to wake up at 6 am every day.
Also, some academic things are blossoming, and I really hope to contribute. I have just realized that the more I learn the less I think I know, but at least I have also discovered that although I haven't made a significant contribution to anything yet, at least I am a small part of something, which could be described as The Rise of Cultural Studies in Mexico. So cheers to that!
So I'm ready. Bring it on.
And, as always, my blues were chased away after the last post by going shopping. I'm afraid that I sort of inherited the spending gene from my mom. I was convinced, as most girls are at some point (or at all times, maybe), that "I had nothing to wear", though. And besides, it was a good thing to spend time with my youngest sis, though I WAS rather scared when she was driving (note to self: I will drive next time). (And now that we're at it, second note to self: since you are no longer earning money, you cannot do this often. Not that I do, dear reader).

Comments:

Publicar un comentario

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?