<$BlogRSDURL$>

martes, mayo 23, 2006

Retro
This is not a self-help anecdote

There was one thing I used to do fervently every day; it was a sort of religion for me: wishing. It started with "I wish my parents would get back together", and went on and on to "I wish my eyes turned green", "I wish to be beautiful when I grow up", "I wish so-and-so (usually a boy who had lost interest) would change his mind and call me"... and so it was, every day. I crossed my fingers, held my breath, and wished upon stars day in and day out. You see, I was completely convinced that if I wished hard enough, at least one would come true. And you see, the problem was, or is, that I can't remember even one of them coming true. I am NOT saying that I am unusually unlucky or unhappy; if anything, the opposite is true. And I suppose my wishes finally came true in a strange way: eventually, I stopped wishing for those things, and wishing so fiercely. Does the universe work in strange ways? Is the curse ("May all your wishes be granted") true? Or was I just unlucky? (Does it even matter?)

Comments:
That's true, I used to wish everything. Again, great post.
 
In my experience, wishing has to take some other form besides mere wishing. Wishing as a form of praying has symbolical value, no doubt, but it needs to be followed up by direct actions that can help those wishes come true. Maybe it's not that when you stopped wishing things came true; maybe you started wishing in another way, not just closing your eyes and saying it, but actually doing stuff. It's true, some of the things I always wished came true for me did when I less expected them to, but it was all a consequence of real actions.

As for destiny... I dunno. And luck... and fate... maybe we should discuss Woody Allen's latest film in this sense!
 

Publicar un comentario

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?