<$BlogRSDURL$>

miércoles, junio 07, 2006

Huh



Well, it looks like I spoke a bit too soon. It seems that the storm that generates lightning will have to wait a while. Such is the weather and such is inspiration. I am suffering from a severe lack of the latter at the moment, which means both the conclusions and I will benefit from a little rest. The rest of the body, however, is to be delivered tomorrow in electronic form to The Doctor, who will inspect my creation and help with whatever needs tweaking before I can bask in the glory of being called 'Master'.

Which means, I thought for a moment, I'm on holiday!!! No more responsibility!! No more schedules.... then reality set in. My thesis was not under a fixed schedule, and all scheduled activities will continue as planned until July, when I fly off to visit foreign lands (yay!). I still have to get up early in the mornings, go to class, and be mentally active. BUT! It makes a difference to know that I have practically finished such a big, two-year project. It leaves me time to actually READ, oh joy! (Not that I didn't read before, but now I can feel free to begin huge, never-before-read novels, whereas up to now I had been mostly rereading in an effort to make it easier to put the book down and get to work.) (Note to self: my super strategy didn't work, admit it. It takes a stronger mind than mine to put books down.)

Other monsters lurk in the shadows, though: WHAT WILL I DO NEXT? New projects await. Oh, to be a blessed creature, those who are satisfied easily, and who are without ambition... The mere thought of going through another final, oral exam to earn my degree makes me wish I got married as soon as I finished high school to become a housewife, or pursued a career in pottery or garbage disposal... (yeah right).

P.S. This is my 100th post!! Happy centennial!

Comments:
Feliz post número cien!
 
!Felicidades Gabi¡ por tu post cien. (¿Te das cuenta que mis ultimos comentarios en este blog son sólo felicitaciones? hehe)
 
Sí, cuando uno acaba la tesis se siente alegre y despreocupado. Ya nada importa tanto, uno piensa "la misión se cumplió". Después, uno se percata que hay grietas que resanar y entonces empieza el trabajo una vez más, pero ya es un trabajo mínimo, pues ya pensaste la tesis completa. Felicidades.
 
My dear, I didn't even remember you had a blog! I got to it by mere chance! It is a happy event!
 
Congrats!!! You become a Master and I'll become a Padawan.

May the force be with you (and with your Monster)!
 

Publicar un comentario

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?