<$BlogRSDURL$>

miércoles, agosto 16, 2006

::Jobs::
(yikes!)

Am I an office person? (highly doubtful)
Am I a library person? (no idea, though I like libraries)
Am I a can-I-help-you person? (I guess I could, under certain circumstances)
Am I a desk person? (gulp)
Am I an academic? (maybe--but am I smart enough?)
Am I an international translator? (again, maybe)
Am I a writer? (not now, but maybe, like Milton, I'll start when I'm middle aged)
Am I a teacher? (I enjoy it, but it scares me)

Will my choice of today be my destiny of tomorrow?

I have applied for two jobs and am preparing a third application. The first one, which I thought had already discarded my application, called me today. Exam and interview to follow. (Should I study? I think I won't) Maybe the same will go for the others. Ironically, I'm more worried about being offered the jobs than about remaining a freelance translator. What if I get offers from all three (fat chance, I guess)? What if I have to decide on one job before I hear from the other, and I like the other better? Is it right to quit if you just got a job?

Can you tell that I have never done this before? (apply for jobs, not get a job)

On the other hand, should I continue my studies? I have a lovely GRE score going to waste; it will expire next year, I think. But no project. I have always lacked the decision to create a 'life project'.

My freedom!!!!!!!!!!!

On another note:



And this is for the scary mess the world is!!!!

Comments:
Congratulations, Gabs, from both F & I.

You know what I think, though. I think you should continue your studies, preferably abroad. That lovely, hard-earned GRE deserves fulfilling its purpose.

The better prepared you are, the more chances you'll have of getting a better income in the near future.

I think you are incredibly capable and that you will be successful in anything you set yourself to do.

Good luck, and, again, congratulations! :)
 
Sí, la verdad es que es así: que tal si pasa eso que yo quería que sucediera y no me gusta, o que tal si pasa lo que jamás pensé que me gustaría y lo disfruto.

Es complicado, pero todo es siempre complicado. Lo más agradable es que no hay manuales que te eviten complicaciones, pero sí hay amigos que te acompañan durante ellas, y esto, aunque no evita las disyuntivas, sí es un alivio.

Concuerdo con ernesto cuando te dice que entre más preparada estés mejor salario tendrás, pero también creo que es bueno tener experiencia laboral.

Habría que encontrar un punto intermedio en nuestras necesidades-académicas y nuestras urgencias-inmediatas-y-económicas.
 
Así es esto, uno tiene que tomar cierto tipo de desiciones. De cualquier modo sea cual sea la que tomes, te irá bien, de eso puedes estar segura.
 
Hay Dios, pues si estás sin empleo, siempre le puedes ver el lado divertido al asunto. Si yo fuera tú, me propondría en un periódico nacional de renombre para seleccionar las tiras de los domingos, en especial Charlie Brown, Maflada y Calvin & Hobbes. Bueno, es lo único que se me ocurre sugerir por el momento.

Un abrazo.
George.
 
"Ironically, I'm more worried about being offered the jobs than about remaining a freelance translator. What if I get offers from all three (fat chance, I guess)? What if I have to decide on one job before I hear from the other, and I like the other better? Is it right to quit if you just got a job?"

Es raro, llego a tu blog por casualidad, para despistarme un poco y ZAZ, mis pensamientos exactos.
Me gusta este blog,y ¿qué puedo decirte cuando me pasa igual?
 
Gracias a todos por compartir sus opiniones y consejos y hasta bromas; ya me lo estoy tomando mucho más tranquila. Veremos qué pasa; parece que todo esto es un proceso leeeento y misterioso.
Paulette: bienvenida! Me da gusto que te guste.
 
Gracias a todos por compartir sus opiniones y consejos y hasta bromas; ya me lo estoy tomando mucho más tranquila. Veremos qué pasa; parece que todo esto es un proceso leeeento y misterioso.
Paulette: bienvenida! Me da gusto que te guste.
 
Gracias a todos por compartir sus opiniones y consejos y hasta bromas; ya me lo estoy tomando mucho más tranquila. Veremos qué pasa; parece que todo esto es un proceso leeeento y misterioso.
Paulette: bienvenida! Me da gusto que te guste.
 

Publicar un comentario

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?