<$BlogRSDURL$>

miércoles, enero 31, 2007

Hey!!! I've been tagged!!!
(yes, I’m excited. You see, I’ve never been tagged before).
Via dear, far away Elika...

Ok, so here are the five things you don’t know about me, were probably afraid to ask or didn't think to ask.

1. Addict. I am totally addicted to reading... hardly a day goes by when I don't read. This doesn't mean, of course, that I read great books all the time. I reread old favorites, including childhood favorites. I reread Peanuts and Calvin and Hobbes comic strips. I often bring books into the shower (I've developed a great system which [mostly] keeps the books from getting wet). If not, I read the shampoo label. Yes, sodium lauryl sulphate and all that...

2. Nature girl. When I was a little girl I loved killer whales (probably because of Shamu. I'm sorry to say I never actually saw Keiko--the first time I went to Reino Aventura I was about 14 and he was gone...). I wanted to be a "whale vet", although I was sure that that involved being a trainer. Then I thought marine biologist was my thing. Why didn't I become one? I realized that a) I didn't want to handle raw fish and smell like them too, b) I'm not that big a fan of ocean life, only marine mammals. Again, fish scare and repel me. But I like sushi.

3. Crazy urges. Whenever I see open spaces, I get the urge to run, jump around, do cartwheels, or dance (even at work!!). Sometimes, I do it (not at work though). I also do handstands and headstands at home once in a while.

4. Secrets. I have always wanted to have secret passageways that lead to a secret place--and I've already imagined what that secret room will look like... My dream home will not be complete without them. I would tell you more but then I'd have to... you know.

5. Gabie Kaboom. When I was a teenager I was the terror of my household. I would explode under the slightest provocation, and use biting sarcasm indiscriminately. My sisters and my mom were afraid to wake me up in the morning because I actually threw punches with my eyes closed. And I pack a mean evil eye, which I hardly ever use now.

(I have more confessions to make, but maybe some other time.)

Tagging time: Yorchie Darko, My J, Lady Stardust (welcome to blogland), Yamil, Jorge Juan. Do what you will!!!

Comments:
OK, I'll think about them. . .
 
You know, I can't do cartwheels, but I also read the shampoo... but nothing, nothing at all, can beat the medicines. They so rock and have so long names!
 
You actually read in the shower?? How do you do it??!!
 
How??? Ok here goes: go into the shower holding the book up with one hand, and block the stream of water with your body. Use one hand to lather, then change hands. (This is tricky because you have to dry your wet hand as much as possible so as not to get the book wet). Lather soap on your remaining arm.
For shampooing I DO have to put the book down. ;)
 

Publicar un comentario

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?