<$BlogRSDURL$>

martes, octubre 23, 2007

The newest literary genre
Check it out!





This is an e-mail I got a few days ago. It still reads a bit like a bad penny-dreadful, but I'm sure that soon these people will step up and start producing major literary triumphs. Then they might be able to convince me to give them money or whatever they're after, willingly even.


Hello,

I am writing from the hospital, therefore this mail is very urgent as you can see that I am going home. I was told by the doctor that I was poisoned and has got my liver damaged and can only live for some months. I inherited some money ($28.725 Million) from my late father and I cannot think of anybody trying to kill me apart from my step mother in order to inherit the money, she is an Ivorien by nationality.

I want you to contact my servant with this informations below:
Miss Sarah Welsh.
Address: Rue De La Princess L/G 152 Cocody
Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire.
Email: ms.sarahwelsh@gmail.com

This is the favour I need when you have gotten the money :-
(1) Give 15% of the money to my servant, Sarah as she has been there for me since my illness and I have promised to support her in life. Sarah is an ophan i adopted her and she is only 17 years old now. I want you to take her along with you to your country and esterblish her.
(2) Give 25% of the money to Charity Organisations and Churches on my name so that my soul may rest in peace.
HOSPITAL Note: This should be a code between you and Sarah in this transactioin "Hospital" any mail from her, the barrister she will direct you to, without this code "Hospital" is not from the barrister, Sarah, the bank or myself as I don't know what will happen to me in the next few hours.
(2) Request the lawyer's international passport, and Let Sarah send you her National ID as she has no passport to be sure of whom you are dealing with. Sarah is so little therefore guide her.
If I don't hear from you within two days, I will look for another person.
May God bless you and use you to accomplish my wish.
Pray for me always.
Anna Bates.
Thank you Holy Father.


My guess is that Sarah did it. Any bets? (Oh and thank you for calling me Holy Father, although I would choose a different divine form if I were God. I would be female, for one).

Challenge to all you writers: how about starting a short story with this, then see where it goes? If you can include a Butler besides the Stepmother and the Loyal Servant, and still surprise me, even better.

Comments:
me preocupa que anna bates tenga las direcciones de mí y de mis amigos. a mí también me ha escrito para decirme lo mismo.
 
I wonder why I don't get e-mails like this more often. Oh wait, now I know! Because I might end up paranoid. Hehe.
 

Publicar un comentario

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?