<$BlogRSDURL$>

miércoles, marzo 12, 2008

Hoodoo, jinxes and the gods

I have now read almost 500 pages of American Gods online, and at the same time I'm rereading Skinny Legs and All, so no wonder my head is currently filled with a rather large pantheon. Some gods were there before, and have been re-awakened. Some had once visited and have come back for a chat, and some are new acquaintances. Being of a pantheist/agnostic inclination ("I believe in everything; nothing is sacred / I believe in nothing; everything is sacred"), it doesn't surprise me that yesterday many of them showed themselves in different ways. First, my eyes were literally stripped bare with some awful pictures during a First Aid course and my own mortality stared me in the face until I was almost shaking. Then, there was a rainbow, which never fails to get me in a mystical mood. Finally, my witchy powers sort of backfired when I unintentionally jinxed myself. (Would that I could do the opposite just as easily).

Thinking the day over, I was wishing that life was clearer, that fate would make itself known more clearly. (Translation: "What am I supposed to do? What will my life be like? What should I choose? etc.") This made me remember: when I went to Delphi, I left an offering to Apollo: one of the weirdest flowers I have ever seen. And I asked the oracle a question...

I can't remember what the question was!

No wonder I don't get any answers.

-------------------------

Anyway, a merry-faced god showed up in the midst of trouble through this:


On a map, in my car: my dad's idea of a tree seen from above. Seriously. (How cute can you get?)

Etiquetas: , , , ,


Comments:
Bueno, sin duda las mini-epifanías son el prolegómeno a grandes momentos de iluminación.

...Y comedia familiar.
 

Publicar un comentario

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?